Consultancy for conducting five-year strategic plan (SP) evaluation and developing new SPFreelance Cambodia Indigenous Peoples Organization-CIPO posted 11 months ago
Consultancy for conducting five-year strategic plan (SP) evaluation and developing new SP
To conduct a participatory evaluation of CIPO’s five-year Strategic Plan (2016-2020), focusing on the impact of the SP’s implementation during 2016-2020 for guiding and developing the next five years SP (2021-2025) to maximize impact and meet the needs of indigenous communities in Cambodia.
2. Specific Tasks
The external evaluation consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- To assess the impact of the SP’s strategic themes including activities undertaken in furtherance of each strategic theme.
- To review the current SP development and implementations systems;
- To seek feedback from the men, women, children beneficiaries, and other stakeholders about changes that could be made to improve current practice in these areas.
- To produce a report outlining findings and recommendations to improve project development, implementation, and impact.
- To develop the next five years SP (2021-2025), including setting up clear Monitoring & Evaluation Framework/system.
3. Expected deliverables
The role of this consultant is to lead to the SP in the process of evaluation of the impact related to SP implementation for the last five years (2016-2020). The deliverables include:
- Formulation of a work plan, including methodologies and tools of the analysis, and timeframe
- Documentation of the fieldwork: focus group discussions, key informants interviews. Analysis of Focus Group Discussions and Case profiles of successful cases.
- A final report including executive summary, introduction, methodology, key findings and recommendations, in Khmer.
- A final next five-years Strategic Plan (2021-2025) is developed in Khmer.
- The two reports will then translated into English by the external consultant as she/he knows well the reports.
4. Reporting relation
The consultant will report to the Executive Director, with parallel reporting lines to the other members of the CIPO’s Management Committee.
5. Competencies/ Experiences
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, project management, project development, management consulting or related field;
- A proven track record of delivering similar assessments;
- English language fluency;
- A proven understanding and experience of indigenous peoples rights work with NGOs is strongly desirable;
- Experiences well understanding about indigenous peoples issues in the Cambodia context or the region is desirable.
6. Ethical considerations
- Upon delivery of final documents, the consultant relinquishes intellectual property right of the document to CIPO.
- The Executive Director or his authorized representative shall be the primary contact person during the consultancy period.
7. Applications Process
- Interested candidates are requested to submit applications by 11 September 2020 at 5.00 pm deadline.
- Applications should consist of 1. CVs/Resume (maximum 3 pages) 2. Cover letter (maximum 1 page) – applications should emphasize demonstrable success against the competencies required 3. Maximum 5 pages summary outlining the proposed method for undertaking the project assessment within the allocated time and budget.
- All applicants must submit their complete application in a single pdf file with items in the order listed above.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to our Phnom Penh Office, Our office is located at #16Be0, Street 460, Sangkat Toultumpoung 1, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, 12303, Tel: 012 571 636 or http://cipocambodia.org/contact-us/